Thats up to you. The Video recorders can do 24/7 recording or motion detection only. Please note that you will get a lot more out of your hard drive space if you set it at motion detection recording only.
The digital video is saved to your DVR or NVR, backed up to an external hard drive and rewritten from the front after the hard drive is full.
The Assessment Process
1. When our technicians arrive at your home on the day of the installation, they will firstly speak to you and confirm with you the ideal positions of the cameras considering the unique dangers / threats to your home. They will explain how they will do the installation and ask you where the router is and where you would like the video recorder to go. If you’re not sure, they will guide you through the process. NOTE – If you’re not sure how many cameras you need, simply let us know and we’ll bring up to 8 cameras for you. Our pricing structure is highly transparent so you know how much it will cost before installation begins.
The Installation Process
2. The installer/s will then run the cables required within the roof cavity of your home from the location of the video recorder to the desired locations of the cameras. The video recorder is the rectangle box which contains a hard drive. It is usually placed in an obscure / hidden location like a linen closet or a walk in wardrobe. All cabling will be neatly run. If its a home with a roof cavity, you should not expect to see much or any cabling/ conduit at all.
3. The video recorder is then connected to the monitor (supplied) which sits in the same location as the Video recorder. This monitor will allow you to view / review information that has been recorded and change settings. A mouse will be provided to allow you to control the device.
4. The Video Recorder is then connected to your internet modem / router. This is required to allow remote viewing. If its a single storey home, we will likely run a new cable from the video recorder to the modem. If its a double storey home, we may use a powerline adapter to extend the internet connection to the location of the video recorder.
The Configuration process
5. The installer will then configure the system and set it up on your iphones / android phones and any tablets you’d like. You will be able to remotely view the footage from the CCTV cameras remotely via these devices. Please ask them to show you how to set it up so when you have new devices you’ll know how to do it yourself.
6. The video recorder has the ability to record on both 24/7 recording or motion detection recording. Most people request that it be set it at motion detection recording. This enables more data to be recorded. A typical system will record 7 days on 24/7 recording or around 2-3 weeks on motion detection. If you need more storage, let us know and we can offer an upgrade to you. The video recorder is maintenance free. Once the hard drive is full, it will simply rewrite over itself from the front.
The process is quite straightforward and our installer will assist you the entire way through. Any further questions, please call us on 0410 511099.
- Analog: a standard wired color security camera. Most wired security cameras today are indoor/outdoor and have an infrared cut-filter for night vision. Wired cameras will require video extension cables. Analog cameras are in general lower in resolution than IP / Network cameras.
- IP / network: IP (Internet protocol), or network cameras are another option. IP cameras are digital and in general allow for higher resolutions.
- Both types of cameras have night vision capability and can be streamed across the internet to most devices.
- Hybrid: There is technology these days which convert analog cabling into super clear vision. This is called HD TVI (for Hikvision products). If we use / install these products there is very little difference between this and an IP System (except cabling differences).
Yes, indeed they are. We believe in simple, straightforward pricing.
Yes, all of our cameras have night vision mode. The camera handles low light situations and produces crisp clear images.
It takes between 4 hours to 1.5 days to install depending on how many cameras you’ve ordered as well as the size of your building.
A typical 4 camera system for a single storey should take around 4-6 hours. It should take roughly the same amount of time for a standard office.
All our Bosch alarm systems we use come with a 2 year Parts & Labour Warranty, CCTV with a 2 year Warranty. Intercom systems come with a 1 year warranty.
If you have any issues, let us know and we will come out and sort it out!
Whether you’re at home, at work, overseas or just doing the shopping, you can keep an eye on your home. All from your IOS or ANDROID mobile phone.
You will need:
- cabled internet in your home (adsl or cable)
- internet on your mobile device
You can view you cameras and even zoom in to the video, live. We set it all up for you; all you have to do is open the app